Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Working the Neck

Today when Carolyn asked if I had anything I wanted her to deal with I requested a general massage in addition to the time on my back. What actually ended up happening was she spent the last half hour working on my neck, or more scientifically, my trapezius muscles. Apparently they’ve been overworked. In my mind I can hear Coach Suzanne’s “Aha! What did I tell you about maintaining a neutral head position when swimming?” In a strange way it’s comforting to know our coaches actually know what they’re talking about even as I’m suffering the evident consequences of them not scheduling the stroke clinic soon enough. Afterwards Carolyn sent me home with instructions to ice my neck for a while to help bring down the inflammation. In an update on my health my sore throat has unfortunately developed a cough.

No comments: